Tuesday, November 29, 2005

malaysian press, yet again

I'm very the critical when it comes to Malaysian press, aren't I? :op

I was reading Afdlin Shauki's post YOU CAN BE THE DIFFERENCE!, when bubbles of clouds formed next to me head. Ain't that familiar.

My conclusion of the Malaysian press:

Scene 1

Caller: Hi, I'm Wegra calling on behalf of NGO 007, we are having a press conference announcing our event. Can I fax the details over ....

News Desk: What is it about arrr???

Caller: We are holding a business networking sessions abroad under the Jalan2 Cari Makan branding. The event is aimed at creating new markets for Malaysian entrepreneurs. We realised that the year 2020 is only 15 years away and that we are no where near ....

News Desk: Got Minister or not???

Caller: No

News Desk: Sorry arr, we cannot cover.

Scene 2

Caller: There's a robbery next door and two people were murdered.

News Desk: What's the address? We'd be there in a heartbeat! It is our duty to the nation to report such cases!!!

2 comments:

Erra said...

thank you for the explanation, enche zuhri.

true, AIM need to be creative in ensuring their feat gets featured in magazines and the newspaper and therefore the general public are informed.

i'm on about news desk’s prioritising. Priority = Minister? Priority = Crime? Priority = Mawi WORLD? :op

Lama-lama jadi Mawi fan nih!

Erra said...

basically, you're saying the newsdesk's priority coverage is a reflection of our society ... scary thought, that!

but the mainstream newspaper is alienating readers like myself wooo! i can only tolerate the "others" bit of the mainstream newspaper. the news collection most of the time make me go, "apa kes?". hmmm ... or am i alone. gulp!