Monday, July 30, 2007
i was 25 minutes late for 'the simpsons' ... d'oh!
i tried to wrap up early, but you don't chase customers out do you?
post 'the simpsons' teh tarik session ...
anyways, good week ahead peeps!
p.s. Forever 21 is being sued by singer and designer Gwen Stefani for infringement on designs from her L.A.M.B. and Harajuku Lovers line ... cepat beli the baju yang diorang copy!!! :op
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
meet my simpsons avatar called wegra ... ye! ye!
you can create your own avatar @ www.simpsonsmovie.com ... ye! ye!
then you can post it on your blog ... ye! ye!
esok the simpsons kuar ... ye! ye!
i was just on the phone with daddy-o ... ye! ye!
esok daddy-o's getting the tickets ... ye! ye!
he better get the kapel's seats ... ye! ye!
i'm going with a dirty dozen ... ye! ye!
after that we can memburuk lantak ... ye! ye!
after memburuk lantak, i'll komplen why i haven't loss any weight ... ye! ye!
then i'll remember i haven't been dieting or exercising anyway ... ye! ye!
then i'll panic because next week is izan's wedding ... opocot!!! ... ye! ye!
i don't know why i'm this euphoric ... ye! ye!
mabbe bekos i'm 'meeting' bart ... ye! ye!
like the simpsons is my favouritest-test-test cartoon ... ye! ye!
you have a brilliant weekend ... ye! ye!
Monday, July 23, 2007
during my last trip to jakarta, i bought 20 music CDs + 3 DVDs. in the process, we made friends with the boys at the music store in eX + hung out hours listening to CDs by current indonesian artistes, discussing indonesian films before izan decided she was hugry.
oh ya! when you go to a shopping mall like senayan city in jakarta, make sure you dress up all stylo, in full make up, with your hair nicely done. leave your crocs + havaianas for tanah abang or mangga dua. trust me, you have to listen to this piece of advice or you'll regret it!
the three of us went to senayan city in our tees, capri pants + slippers. as we entered the mall, we made a big u-turn out. after pulling the courage, we walked back in. it was like being at a catwalk, we felt out of place.
after a while, zurra nudged me + asked me to look to my left. finally, we spotted people sharing the same fashion sense - two helpers taking care of a few kids for their ma'am, who's shopping in coach.
zurra noted, my decision to buy a CD is not solely based on the music but the cover design as well. so, if you want to sell your album to impulsive buyers like me, make sure you cover design is attractive. bila sampai rumah baru menyesal ...
i wanna share a song by mocca with you - 'i remember'
have a brilliant week ahead, peeps!
Friday, July 20, 2007
If it’s true, then here’s mine.
1) A person is only as good as their background?
2) Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity
3) To love is to accept and embrace
4) Money makes me nervous
5) I miss Brighton
6) My way of saying I care is by doing what’s best for the other
7) I try to spread love and happiness by smiling and acknowledging
8) Pick the flowers when they’re dead?
9) To love someone is to be less about self
10) Beauty is an ecstasy, it is as simple as hunger
11) When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was making Mahsuri (Red House) loose one mark because widie + myself saw cats making out during silent hour
12) When i was twenty one, what I remember the most was the haemorrhage; when they were wheeling me to the operating theatre, I asked the gasman (what do you call them?) if we could do an ER-ish scene, so they started running and fussing over me, making up diagnosis
13) I am most happy when I’m with family and friends
14) Nothing makes me happier when I see people happy
15) If I can change one thing, I will change TQ 5050 into a Chevrolet Camaro SS
16) If smiles were gold then I'll be a ‘gold’ digger
17) Wouldn't it be nice if we could travel the world and not worry about our responsibilities back home
18) If you want to French me, I French you back with my broken French?
19) Money is not everything but everything needs money today
20) The most touching moments I have experienced is when someone wrote a song for me and sang it, and when my 4N classmates surprised me with a brown Gap cap with a note 'love you lots' on the inside, on my birthday, somehow i was really terharu then.
21) I smile when I see people happy
22) When I am happy, I don’t feel hungry
23) If only I don't have to work to pay bills but work for a passion
24) The best thing I did yesterday was playing make believe with my brother melakonkan watak orang kreatif and window dressed a shop, it turned out really good, didn’t know my brother’s that brilliant
25) If I ever write a book, I will give it this title “senandung suralaya”
26) One thing I must do before I die is do everything on my before I die to do list
27) Doing the meme, I feel like I’ve wasted 17 minutes :op
I’d like to read how Miss-Cream + Mummy-o + Stupe + Muz finish them sentences. Fire away!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
oh ya, meet my travel partners - izan + zurra.
the only reason i get to travel on a bajaj was both my travel partners were running low on cash + we couldn't draw money through our maybank debit card (because we did not inform the bank that we were travelling to jakarta) + we forgot our credit card's pin number (actually, i threw my pin number in the bin ages ago for fear of what i might do if i have it). teehehehe!!!
woohoo!!! i had a blast riding the bajaj, i find them fun!
if you don't already know what a bajaj is, it's the bright orange + noisy three-wheeled motorcycle-like vehicles you see scattered all over the streets of jakarta. the 'retro' mode of transportation first became popular in india where they were developed with vespa + later adopted by + built in indonesia. what is known as bajaj in indonesia are known as rickshaw in africa, moto taxi in peru + of course, tuk tuk in the neighbouring thailand.
it's the cheapest + fastest mode of travelling in jakarta, i believe. if you're doing a short distance travel, it's also the kindest way of travelling (the persistent macet in jakarta would mean it'll take ages to reach your destination + the taxi driver would only get peanuts from the time spent driving).
the ride was hot + noisy + smelly + bumpy + heart stopping; all in all a grand adventure. i loved it when my bajaj driver decided to flip a u-turn in the middle of the road + when he ignored the red light at a junction, and zig zag thru cars to cross the flow of traffic + when he went on the curb and squeezed between a sand lorry and a lamp post to avoid the macet.
if you can't afford a roller coaster holiday, i highly recommend going to jakarta for bajaj rides.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
... or ...
perhaps a blasphemy? :op
or maybe you don't understand what i'm referring to ...
izan just rang ... told me to not fong fei kei on her ... aiyeh! ... macam boleh baca my mind je ... lucky the flight has been postponed to 11 p.m. i hope i get to finish all that needs to be done + hand over weekend tasks to my office mate before i leave.
was at yan + lin's wedding on sunday. saw allya's parents seated at the main table. after the dinner, i ran towards them to say 'hi' but immediately they were surrounded by peeps wanting to shake hands with them, so i decided to make a big u-turn. erk!
they had indonesian songs throughout the wedding - tompi, glenn fredly, maliq and d'essentials + others. but somehow, this song stuck ... 'tercipta untukku' - ungu
have a good weekend, y'all!
Sunday, July 08, 2007
i learnt a new word as well - penggodam, from agus. apparently it's malay for hackers + it's been around for the past 10 years. i also learnt that 'spongebob' is actually a coral (that explains everything then).
hey! i practice live long learning ok ... on useless stuff.
got 11 DVDs while waiting for mummy-o's phone call, friday eve. one of them being 'driving lessons', a charmingly offbeat coming of age british flick. the story revolves around ben - an uptight, friendless 17-year-old with an overprotective christian mom + a job helping out a wacky self proclaimed grand dame who is on the skids + prefers shakespeare to the catechism.
well, i quite like 'driving lessons'.
anyways, riz suggested a rollercoaster holiday, which enche dadad + myself seconded. if we're doing the trip, i look forward to getting the goofiest picture on the ride (even if it means having to go on the ride again + again) to add to my exisitng collection.
lets yok moh jom!
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
are losing theirs and blaming it on you
if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
but make allowance for their doubting too
if you can wait and not be tired by waiting
or being lied about, don't deal in lies
or being hated, don't give way to hating
and yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise
if you can dream - and not make dreams your master
if you can think - and not make thoughts your aim
if you can meet with triumph and disaster
and treat those two impostors just the same
if you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools
or watch the things you gave your life to, broken
and stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
if you can make one heap of all your winnings
and risk it on one turn to pitch-and-toss
and lose, and start again at your beginnings
and never breathe a word about your loss
if you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
to serve your turn long after they are gone
and so hold on when there is nothing in you
except the will which says to them, 'hold on!'
if you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue
or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you
if all men count with you, but none too much
if you can fill the unforgiving minute
with sixty seconds' worth of distance run
yours is the earth and everything that's in it
and - which is more - you'll be a man, my son!
you do know them but when you're entangled in the web you can actually forget.
sapa leh teka the title + author to this piece of poetry, i bagi sepuluh sen!
i feel like leaving you with red hot chilli pepper's my friends
take care of each other + yourself.
Monday, July 02, 2007
for mankind, us six stooges (read: mummy-o + daddy-o + raz + riz + en emi + meself) caught 'transformers' at 1:00 a.m.
p.s. mr dadad, it was 'to punish and enslave' instead of 'to serve and protect' on the police car, sharp eh your eyes.